So.. it all started here. I *was* supposed to relocate to Hyderabad from Chennai for exploring new opportunities. I had to take my motorcycle with me that I’ve purchased here in Chennai.
I went to the nearest Regional Transport Office(RTO) and asked for the procedure and got to know that we may need to have the below things ready for the relocation process.
- Form 28 – Available in the nearby RTO kiosk.
- Police Certificate – Your nearest police station of your residence.
- Pollution certificate – Available in most of the 4 wheeler mechanic shops.
- Bike Insurance – Says it all.
- An attested letter telling about your relocation (with 5rs revenue stamp on it)
Head to the RTO office where your bike was booked. I think we can get this NOC (No Objection Certificate) anywhere. Pay an amount of umm, I forgot 😛 but pretty negligible.
Doing all the above makes sense only if you are relocating within your state. If relocating inter state, you will have to re-register your bike in the new state, for which you may have to undergo a lot of procedures and it might cost you around 15,000 INR and about 3-6 months to happen. My recommendation is to sell your vehicle in your current city and purchase a new one or an used one based on the duration of your stay. Good luck with that!